Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sexy Face Mask Sunday - Que Bela Purifying Mud Mask


SEXY FACE MASK SUNDAY!

...I need some better lighting. BUT! Not a better mask! Plug! Just kidding. I get the "Que Bella" masks whenever I stop at Target for groceries (aka just to be at Target, because it's my shiny and clean happy place) and I've been very happy with them as a little weekend pick-me-up skin treat. The mud style masks come in a good-sized foil pouch containing 15g/0.5 fl oz of product, and the product is so thick that you can use it a few times. I've been sealing the pouch in a ziploc in the fridge to finish later in the week. 

This week I used the Purifying Tea Tree and Witch Hazel mud mask. The package describes the mask as "a tingly treat", stating "The cleansing action of the mask naturally draws out impurities and eliminates excess oil, leaving your skin revived and wonderfully clear". Target.com says it has a peppermint scent, but I get more of a tea tree aroma - not overly chemical or mineral, with just a hint of mint. It reminds me of something from when I was young, maybe an old Avon mask my Mom would use.

This mask had a nice tingle, not too caustic - just enough to feel like a good cleanse was going on. My pores had a party! It was a teensy bit uncomfortable at the end, as some masks can be, but a thicker application may have made it feel less so. I was pretty light handed today. My skin felt smoother after using it, and I did notice less oil on my makeup-free face at the end of the day though my skin didn't feel irritated or dry.

These masks usually run between $2-3 at Target, and for a once a week face treat (with more to spare, for a friend/roomie/relative/your metro-man/the you of tomorrow) I'm sold. Repeatedly.

The products mentioned above were purchased with my own sad little wallet, and I am in no way affiliated with Que Bella Beauty or Target. Though their website shows they carry body butters and bath syrups - somebody's gonna be hearing from me soon if they don't pop up in the Target beauty aisle! Hello! Toffee Apple? Come to mama! I wanna smell like delicious fair food, without rolling around in elephant ears. Why'd you think I chose the tea tree oil mask in the first place? Oil! This is all made up. I just get lonely, guys. YAY, FIRST REVIEW! Maybe I'll take a real product photo next time. SKY'S THE LIMIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment