Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The First Not-Poetry Tuesday - re: future mr. me

BACKSTORY:

I used to write poetry quite a bit. But I'm not very disciplined in research. I'm just passionate. I dubbed my  poems "not poems", and they've sat in my notebook for about 7 years. I think Tuesday will be  the day for "not poems", which may include poetry or drabbles or comics or pictures of me making an "OOPS!" face at the webcam because I forgot to be creative again and ran out of archived nonsense.


HAPPY FIRST NOT-POETRY TUESDAY to ME! HAPPY FIRST NOT-POETRY DAY TO US ALL. OH, HAPPY DAY.

~

re: future mr. me

the beating of my heart is but a flutter,
as wings against a cage
a creature hidden, with foolsome appetite,
that sulks in quiet rage

its motive often hidden
by more than fickle hands,
its purpose all but gobbled
by times unkindly sands

waspish, shrewish, selfish
lazy, scared & worn
an ever-charging battery
for empty burdens borne

this poisoned fragment
still dwelling in my chest
for some ill reason seems to value
your own above the rest

while the traitor's beating better
no fairer prize will it be
still I hope you waste your lifetime
by spending it with me

~

Still needs a bit of work but here's me doing something! LOOK AT THAT, INTERNET.

Look forward to an in-progress painting soon...we're gonna chat about doing BIG PROJECTS and jumping outside your comfort zone. I have one success story, and many back of the drawer stories. But maybe fleshing out some of those half finished things and showing what progress we did will help us finish our half done projects off and move on to something new! Right? RIGHT? I HAVE A 2' by 3' DOCTOR WHO PAINTING YOU GUYS. I just. Just. I. I. Uhhh.

TOPICS for next week's Not-Poetry Tuesday? Any suggestions, leave a comment below and I'll see what I can do! Maybe we'll also do Draw Something days and Sing Something days and Vlog something days. And I'll never update on time BUT MAYBE SOMETIMES I WILL because life is unexpected.

Toodle pip, pretties.



The above poetry, like everything you find on Seriously? Sparkly! are protected by intellectual copyright and a fearsome gigantic badger not unlike Spiny Norman from Monty Python's Flying Circus. And she is CRANKY. No use w/o permission. I have books to sell. Lots of Nancy Drews. Is anybody still following this stream of consciousness disclaimer? I'm so sorry to have brought you all this way. Here's cab fare home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment